Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

gear shift lever too small

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by theiceman, Mar 7, 2009.

1. G'day All, I've just purchased 04 klr 650 and can't fit my size 13 foot and big arse boot under gear shift lever. Have adjusted on spline and bent original to no avail. Is there a bigger lever that fits? Any help welcome

2. You could probably get an engineer to make you one. Failing that cut of your toes on that foot. you don't need them... honest!
  3. head off to your local engineer and get him to weld a section into the pedal and make it longer
  4. What Hornet said.
    I'd be surprised if there isn't a gear lever off some other bike that has the same spline pattern and is a bit longer. The trouble is finding it, wreckers are your friend.
    Or you could convert it to hand change, worked well on my Dad's 1923 Rudge. :p
  5. Thanks Guys, might try twistngo's link at motorrad. Thera, I need those toes for mattress traction and to 'the mole', my gear shifting is shitty enough already.
  6. Thanks again for your help guys. Got onto Motorrad website but they're not sure whether the ER-6N or ER-6F foot peg arrangement is the same as the KLR 650. Can anyone tell me whether they are the same. Thanks again
  7. Can you post a picture of it? I'm looking to get a smaller gear lever on my Sachs 650; they'll probably be completely different but worth a look I guess.