Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gear position indicator CB400 Honda

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by bradr, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Hmm , don't know if this the correct section of the forums for this one ? , but anyhow i've just fitted Glpro DS series GPDS-H01{Healtech} gearchange indicator to my 09 CB400 , bought the kit which is very simple to install , i had to fabricate a little aluminium bracket to sit a right angle in between the speedo/tacho , other than that it was just a simple matter of plugging 1 lead into the bikes efi diagnostic connector plug , then ride on a quiet/straight rd in 1st gear for bout 100mtrs at just off idle till gear number 1 stopped flashing on the indicator & showed 2 , repeated same procedure till i had gone through to 6 , i then had a perfect little gear indicator , whole job took about 30mins to complete , took a pic of the completed job .

Attached Files:

2. Very tempting...
  3. Ingenious!
  4. Only thing I am baulking at right now is the price...
  5. Ah yes ,now i did forget to mention that teeny weeny little bit , if you are safely seated i will tell you , was $170.00 , but see i have this plan , she wants to ride the 400 but says she's not sure of the gears/clutch thing as she has onlt ever ridden her Vespa 250 , so i thought if i fitted the indicator then she could at least see what gear she was in , she is actually a very capable rider & i've told her several times that i think she will master the 400 within 100km;s or so .
  6. Yeah, I knew the price lol. Ah bugger it - might as well get one
  7. Grabbed one and posted in the cb400 thread about it. Pic as follows:

8. Hmm, was looking at your'e pic's , thinking hey hang on , i don't remember taking those , all of a sudden i notice your'e heated handgrip control panel , had a better look & realised that its not my 400 , its your's Lol , your screen looks like an "F-Series tinted ? , same as mine , gear indicator is in exactly same position as mine , by what clever means did you use to mount it ? , is it a patented piece of scientifically bent aluminium painted black , fixed on with double sided body tape like mine or have gone for something even more upmarket ? , how much drama fitting the heated handgrips ? , they'll be my next project seeing as it'll be winter soon .
  9. Or you could use velcro to mount :p
  10. Youknow the PCI slot filler covers on the back of a PC? As below

I simply cut the ends off to the right size and bent it into position :p I stole your idea essentially. My L shaped bracket might be a bit small on the bottom, so I might have to redo it at some point. Double sided tape too

As for the handgrips - I investigated the fiddlyness and drama and simply decided that Pete from E2W would do a far better job and be a far more valuable use of my time :p

Windscreen was the honda one - got it when I bought the bike.
  11. Very cunning use of a computer bracket , amazing what we can use out of our scrap piles hey .

As for using velcro to fix it on with , i would actually go fora more structually sound means , like "Blutak" Lol
  12. Tend to agree.... Got some double sided tape which was very sticky and worked well it seems.