Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

gear overkill?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Atlas, Jan 4, 2007.

1. hi

would a full body armour be overkill for a n00b lke me on the street?

would i simply be better off relying on a back protector and the CE armours that come with the leather jacket?

2. more armour the better off u will be if u come off.
  3. The car should give you more protection :LOL:

The stock stuff in the jacket should be fine.

Disclaimer: If you die or get maimed its not my fault
  4. No such thing as gear overkill.

That being said I don't wear the full suit of armor and leather pants I have when I ride to work, I unzip the back protector and wear that and use the CE foam armor in the elbows and shoulders.

But for more spirited riding I take out the foam armor and wear the whole suit.
  5. i dont know about full armour, but i have to agree with that the more armour you come off in, the better off you will be.
    IMHO, the dainese armour is the best. compare it to alpinestars jacket armour. most of the a* jackets just slot in and do not attach to the lining of the jacket. so they sit there whereas the dainese ones are velcro'd in place.
    the dainese armour also has padding inside the armour to make it feel more comfortable.
  6. right

so what body armour options are there aside from dianese, alpinestars?
  7. did you want a light jacket? or just armour that you can put a jumper over?
  8. well im gettting leathers regardless. so its the body armour underneath the leathers.

i dodnt know if the ce armour that comes with leathers are any good or not .. so was going to remove them and use the body armour instead.