Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gear Indicator (maybe?)

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by kwaka J, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Hi there all,
    just wondering if there is a guage I can put on my ZX10R that tells me what gear I am in? Does anyone else have this problem of not knowing what gear they are in. Technically I don't need to know because all my gear shifting is done on sound of the engine and feel, but sometimes I just like to know what gear I am in. I am sure I have seen a little guage like the size of a wrist watch, that shows a digital number of the gear the bike is in.

If it exists what is it called and where do I get it?

2. http://www.motoevo.com.au/inCMS_ME_public/Modules/Public/Content.aspx?ID=12&pr_id=45

Engaged gear & Shift Light display

Knowing which gear you are in on a sports bike can be quite difficult. Mounting a Starlane gear indicator will let you know at a glance. Also built into this little display is a shift ligt that can be programmed to your prefered RPM. The shift light is an Ultra-bright Blue which can't be missed. For night riding there is a light sensor built into the face for auto dimming.

* Easy to read gear display

* Programable Ultra-bright shift light

* Auto dimming

* Can be installed on all bikes with electronic RPM & Speed
    * Easy to install, comes with wiring diagrams

All prices include GST and
    are in Australian dollars
  3. Thanks for the reply's, I think the bike actually comes with a factory shift light, although I have never used it, or set it up.
  4. Still it won't tell you what gear you are in.