Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gear from ebay. :?:

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by tarsh, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Has anyone had any experience in buying riding gear from ebay? esp with Leather jackets.

thanks

Tarsh

2. Think fit, and manufacturing processes.
    If you can't try it on before you buy it, then it may be an expensive gamble. Also cheap no name items or knock offs of brand items could be made using inferior materials, and processes that may not hold together in an off. Consider in no brand items the risk that no R&D has been undertaken.

3. Yeah I've bought leather jackets, winter nylon jacket, gloves, and two helmets (I know you all out there say never buy secondhand but they are both great!) and all sorts of stuff on ebay (including my cruiser)

Just aks the right questions and sizing for the jackets and make an issue of the zips and tears etc.

Jeff

4. Forgot to add that the brand is important. Go with a known brand, but all on e bey is not no brand!

5. I have bought boots (x3, 2 were perfect fit 1 wasn't), jackets (x2 new, great fit), gloves (x2 perfect fit), helmet (x1 near new and is used as a spare) and sundry stuff as well.

As Jeff said, do your research and then do some more :cool:

Also check out the sellers feedback and if buying from OS, make sure they aren't charging excessive postage, and also make sure there are no hidden charges such as postal insurance. Better yet, communicate with the seller prior to bidding and confirm they will ship to Australia and what charges are involved in the freight.

If you do all the right things then you should have an easy buying experience :grin:

Cruisingal aka as The ebay. Queen smiley_grinandwink.

6. i just brought something too, helmet, jacket and gloves, without trying it on at the shops. :shock:

it was a gamble but it paid off, best advice try on at shops before buying and read the sellers feedback (very useful).

7. I bought my first leather pants (Black Rose) on Ebay - secondhand but hey - they work!