Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by tjs, Aug 2, 2007.

1. G'day, I'm new to riding, I got my learners down at stay upright last weekend, I've bought a 2000 model 250cc virago, black and gray.

I live up around Monbulk in the Dandenongs (vic) and am riding into work each day (about 50kms each way, down to Richmond).

I've already been run off the monash once by a woman SMSing and changing lanes (monday, my first ride), and last night on the way home I started hearing a clattering noise taking off at the lights (going up through 2nd, 3rd), which seems to be my chain has come loose, so will be figuring out how to fix that tonight! no center stand so will need to find some way to get the back wheel up with some bricks or something :(

Anyway, just wanted to say G'day, here is a pick for people who like to see faces, hoping to meet up with other riders in my area!

blog .pomke. com / 2007 / 07 / bike-has-arrived . html
    (it won't let me post urls? remove the spaces :)

2. Welcome to Netrider, and riding.

You may want to get one of these www.andersonstands.com to adjust your chain and do normal maintenance; it's well worth it :).
  3. Welcome to the world of 2 wheels.. :grin:
  4. welcome tjs.

As hornet600 said, a rear wheel stand is a must for any motorcycle maintenance. Front ones are also handy.

Hope your luck improves with the ride to work and back each day.
    keep ya eyes peeled dude.
  5. Hello. I'm new to bikes myself but I thought they all come with centre a centre stand :shock:
  6. From one newbie to another...welcome mate :grin:
  7. fcuken rip-off Rev. Bloody hell! :LOL:

Congratulations on getting licensed mate. [​IMG]

& watch out on the Monash. Its notorious for claiming bikes.
  8. So, they are a bit expensive, but they ARE good.

Yes, there are plenty of people now manufacturing Anderson-type stands for less money, so shop around.

And starlet, no, not all bikes come with centre-stands. The usual reason for them not being fitted is to lessen weight, and to increase ground clearance when cornering.