Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by zooki900, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Hello all.

Time for intros... I am new to the group having just got back into riding after a couple of years.
    I've been riding on and off for most of my life. I first started riding in the '70s and my first bike was an Suzuki ER250. After a break of about 12 years I returned to riding when I was 36 (1996) with a Bandit 600. Then a Yamaha TRX850. I sold this a couple of years ago and have regretted the decision since. They are such a good bike.
    I'm now back with a Suzuki RF900R. I've had the bike for 3 weeks and have clocked up almost 4000k in that time.

Anyway, g'day to all. It's great to be back on two wheels and looking forward to meeting you around the traps in Sydney.

2. welcome to the forums
  3. Welcome back to the world of two wheels Zookie, and welcome to the forums :)
  4. G'day and welcome ron. :)
  5. Welcome and welcome back Ron
  6. Welcome Ron :grin:
  7. Welcome to NR Zooki
  8. Welcome to Netrider zooki900
  9. Hello and welcome

I just want to say that's a lot of kms in 3 weeks, certainly puts me to shame. :!:
  10. :WStupid: Gday
  11. Welome, Ron, that's an eclectic group of bike's you've owned.

How many of those kms were logged in the RNP? :wink:???
  12. G'day Paul,

Quite a few of the kms have been through the park, plus Macquarie pass, and Kangaroo valley. Occasionally I've taken a detour through the park on the way home from work. It adds about 40 minutes to the trip, but who cares?? It's a lot of fun! Just gotta keep an eye out for those bloody deers. :grin:
  13. Oh indeed, they're a serious hazard; last year a lady in a car was killed on the F6 when she swerved to miss one, and I've hit one down the park in the car too..... (and then there's the goats up near Helensburgh as well...)

Great to see that you're exploring and enjoying your riding..
  14. Welcome to the Forum

Enjoy those rides through the RNP

Stay safe and post up often
  15. Hi Zooki900, welcome to the world of NR.
    I was very proud to see my little bike click over 3000km's
    but it has taken me nearly 4 months.
    Safe riding. :)
  16. Welcome back, Ron. You can't deny yourself riding. Obviously it's in your blood :)