Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'Day

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Raggy, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Hi All. New to this forum. Long time looker and jumped into sharing and contributing my 2 cents on what I know. I am a very passionate motorcycle rider and basically love anything on wheels. My current ride is a Kawasaki Versys 650 (Full power). I am relatively new to Aussie land and live down in Parramatta, NSW.

I come from India, country that really gives it all, right from snow capped peaks to beaches to beautiful ghats. I have also had my fair share of rising up in the motorcycle power band. Started out riding in India with a 50cc moped, 70cc moped, 110 cc Kawasaki motorcycle, 350cc Royal Enfield Thunderbird (brother owns it!) and a Royal Enfield Machismo 500 I own one too ;)

Yes you might have heard, people back there love Enfields! It is true. I agree because I think they have a different character, a different soul to it!

I have done various solo and group rides in India and have joined a group in Sydney as well. My biggest trip was in the Himalayas in India covering 3500Kms.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I'd LOVE to do that ride!!

Welcome to Netrider, too :).

3. G'day and welcome, RaggyRaggy.

4. Welcome Raggy. If you have any pics of your Himalayas trip post them up when you can.

5. Hi,
    I am getting a bike prepared for a Himalayan trip but it won't be ready till September so it seems I'm going to wait till next year for this adventure. My bike will be based in Delhi so before next years trip I'd like to do one or more test trips before the Himalayas. Basically I'm really interested in anything you have to say.
    Cheers
    Geoff

6. You might get more response / info if you post up a request in the ride planning section.

7. Thanks,
    I didn't know about that option but I have just started a thread.
    Cheers

8. Welcome Raggy..

9. gday RaggyRaggy and welcome to NR - I am not far from Parramatta, see you on the road!

10. welcome aboard :)

11. Welcome to NR and Australia from Adelaide.

12. Aloha RaggyRaggy! Well well Picts or it didn't happen!

Start s thread so we can see this most awesome Himalayas trip you have talked about!

Other than that welcome to the forum and check out some of the rode meets in your area under Events section. There's a large and active NR pose down your end :)