Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Wazza55, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Hi guys I'm new to the forum but I have trolled it dozens of times and found some great info. I was on the other day and there was something I couldn't do without joining. Been riding bikes for over 40 years in the dirt and on the road. Since I joined I get pop ups telling me to post on the welcome page so here I am. I like dirt riding but I find it a bit punishing these days and do much more road than dirt now. Looking forward to chatting with you.

2. Welcome Wazza,
    Where are you based ?
  3. Welcome Wazza.
    I'm in much the same boat as you, regarding the dirt riding & punishment to the old body, so found the Adventure scene and just 'enjoy the scenery' a little more.
  4. Thanks for the welcome guys, I am from South West Sydney area. I've skirted around the adventure bike scene a bit. Over 30 years ago I had an XL500s when the budget dictated that I had to get down to just one bike. When I got back into riding about 15 years ago after a bit of a long break, I bought a DR650. I didn't do much touring on either, and found tyres a real compromise. I am on my second Duke Multistrada now which is meant to be a adventure bike but I'm not taking on anything too rough because I will drop it. I have couple of mates on Beemers that want to take the dirt routes whenever we ride.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. welcome aboard :]
  6. Welcome to NR..
  7. Welcome to the forum Wazza :)
  8. Welcome to the forum mate