Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Husky, Dec 22, 2013.

1. G'day out there in netrider land - I'm just starting out in the world of motorbikes, passed my L's assessment this morning (Still got to pick up a Learner permit tomorrow morning). Bought my first bike a couple of days ago. I've been reading lots of useful info in posts on the site and this has really helped me get started - so thanks to everyone who contributes the useful information that makes this site so great!

Hopefully down the track a bit I'll know something worth passing on in these forums too :)

Cheers,
    Kingy.

2. welcome kingy :)

3. Welcome to NR. Congrats on getting your L's.

What bike did you go with?

4. Welcome to NR , Kingy ! In SA , are you ?

5. Hello and welcome husky kingy, does the name mean you got one of those sewing machine bikes?

6. chainsaw.

My other Husqvarna ...

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Husky TR650 Terra (LAMS approved/restricted at the moment though!)

8. Yeah - up in Gawler, any good rides you can recommend in SA?

I did a bit of exploring on some of the dirt roads up to Birdwood the other day which was quite good - thinking about heading up to the Flinders ranges soon, have to look into this a bit more.

9. Plenty of good riding throughout the Adelaide Hills from the Barossa right down to Victor Harbour , but I'm not really clued up on the dirt roads dual-sports riding. Obviously there are heaps of dirt roads criss-crossing the hills to explore . Flinders Ranges is supposed to be brilliant on a dirt or dual-sports bike , as would Kangaroo Island. A real challenge would be the Border Track that follows the SA/VIC border thru the Ngarkat National Park between Pinnaroo and Bordertown but don't try this on your own .