Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by double diffa, Sep 18, 2013.

1. I thought I had better be sociable and say G'Day ... I'm a long time rider, but a forum newbie, and thought this would be a good place to find some riding companions.
    Most weekend I ride alone, around the Sunshine coast, and would like to do some more two or three day rides, but get bored riding alone.
    Anyway, that's me, been riding for 41 years, my current ride is a BMW R1150 RT. Glen.

2. G'day, bound to be some Fellow coasters on here somewhere. Nice tourer.
  3. Welcome to NR(y)
  4. welcome along, envy the weather you're havvin up there

5. The weather is getting a bit too hot for me already, but still better than rain I suppose. :)

I am thinking of getting a "Summer time bike" something with less Tupperware, so I get some cooling air on hot days.
  6. Welcome Glen, nice to have another veteran rider joining in....

7. I recommend a Gixxer.

You'll then be riding squid and feeling the best of the wind. :p

Welcome, too :)
  8. Welcome , nice part of Oz up there !

9. Nah, I got the sports bikes out of my system with my CBR 600 track bike, I even obey the speed limits nowadays, haven't had a ticket for over 20 years.
    I like doing 300 to 700 km days, not ideal on a sports bike, for me, so am thinking of an XTZ 660, something I can do some back roads on, as well.
    The "Fat Bastard" R1150 RT is OK on the dirt, but just too bloody hot, no wind, even on the hands it's the perfect winter bike.
    My old "Pellican" R1100 GS (pictured in my avitar) was a good all rounder, but fugly.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder they say :)
    • Like Like x 1