Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by bradwatts, Jul 26, 2011.

1. I just noticed I've never introduced myself here.

Just got my first license after 26 years of staying away from bikes. I had a head on with a truck when I was about 16 while I was warming up my old man's CB250 for an oil change (unlicensed/country road).

Anyways, decided I needed a bike again and scored a Suzuki Across in nice nick. Yeah, I want a bigger bike already, but this one will do until March 2012 comes around and I can afford a ZX-6R or a GSX-R750. :-({|=
  2. welcome, sounds like you're lucky to be here at all :shock:
  3. Pretty much ;)

4. Welcome to Netrider! It's no Gixxer, but the Across isn't all bad - I could shove so much junk in the super neat boot that I missed it for months when I finally upgraded. Heh. :D
  5. Welcome to NR! Ride Safe.
  6. Welcome aboard.
  7. G'day Brad, good to have you back on the team.

Now this time, get some other b@stard to warm up the oil, alright? It's no use getting old if you don't get cunnin'.
  8. Yeah warming up engines isn't my strong suite obviously - I have got better at it though.

Anyone got any comments regarding ZX-6R vs Gixxers?

I've yet to ride either but I hear the Ninja can be a tad uncomfortable in the 'ballroom department'.

I did a ride to Canberra from Ballarat a while back and the Across ain't no comfort machine - that seat is 'motocross hard'.

I'm thinking for longer trips the GSX-R may be the more prudent choice...

cheers for the welcomes btw folks!
  9. Welcome to the forum and back riding.

I have only just started riding too and looking forward to next year when I get off my Ps. Looking at a wide range of 600s including the 2 mentioned.

I read a review not long ago and the Suzuki was said to be a better road bike (compared to being a track bike) then the Ninja. Lots of good articles around comparing 600s. I love the Triumph Daytona 675 check that out too or the Honda 600rr, unless you are set on either 2.

I have a 250r Ninja now and figured the ZX-6R would be almost like looking at the same bike if I got one so it has dropped down in my order ;) Great bike though from the reviews I have read.