Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by noodles55, Jul 2, 2011.

1. G'day,

Just thought I'd say hello as a first time poster.

Got my L's (VIC) on monday night and just put a deposit on a new 11 Ninja 250r as my first bike. Was going to buy second hand but figured for an extra grand i could buy a bike with out someone elses problems.

Anyway I enjoy reading some of the threads around here and hope to contribute in some way in the future.

Ciao!

2. G'day Noodles - Welcome to the party, mate.

3. Welcome to NR Noodles.

4. welcome noodles

5. For some reason I like noodles and I'd them in ramen style with crumbed pork for dinner last night. :D But that's me. I think about food all the time.

Anyways, Welcome to NR! When do you get to pick up the Ninja?

6. Welcome to NR and stay safe in winter.

Me like Char Kway Teow

7. I love Char Kway Teow as well. One of my faves.

One Question: Where do you think they have the best one? I've tried China Bar (CBD & Box Hill) and they are not too bad but Petaling Street in Glen Wav is a little bit better.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, noodles55! :D But with a forum name like that, there is bound to be some food discussions attached!

8. Sorry noodles, but we're talking about noodles, right?

IMO, I find both China Bar and Petaling St have too much MSG for my liking. I have tried a small place in Carnegie and recommend it. Don't know the name of it though but it's near the pedestrian crossing and the new libary. There are plenty of (council) spaces to park your bike out front.

Can't go wrong with $7.80 for a vegetarian Char Kway Teow.

*Found it JJ Express, 84 Koornang Road, Carnegie VIC 3163 (03) 9568 3935 ‎

9. They said 2 - 3 weeks for the stock to get to in. Lets hope soon rather then later.

If it wasn't 10 in the morning and I didn't just get up all this talk about Asian food might make me hungry. But I will be looking back at this thread when I am hungry for suggestions :D

10. What colour?

I had Yum Cha yesterday afternoon post Saturday morning practice and still full in the evening, didn't have dinner last night.

+1 for Yum Cha. (Don't forget to drink plenty of fluid afterwards to flush away the MSG)

11. Yeah, noodles - what colour?

@ CeeKill - where did you have Yum Cha? I'm always looking for new places to try.

12. I decided to go for red. There seems to be more black ones out there then red so I thought I'd be different. I didnt really see the need to spend an extra 500 bucks for a coat of paint and get the green one even though it does look awesome.

13. Shark Fin Inn in Lt Burke St, near Spring St end. Someone told me it's the first yum cha restaurant in Melbourne...

I think the best place for Yum Cha is New Royal Garden @ corner Blackburn and High St.

@ noodles, you canna join the team Green but gota RED bike? :p

14. I couldn't handle the "coolness" of the green machine. So I was like why kid myself I'm not that cool. Red it is! :p

15. You're one of us now. Got your first red helmet (5 posts). Come to Sat morning practice! :angel:

16. hooray! And yes i'll definitely be coming down to those saturday practice sessions. Once I get the hang of my bike and don't look like a complete numpty while im down there :p

17. Don't worry, that's Doug and Dave's job to iron out your n00bness :p

18. Hmm..I've never been to Shark Fin but have been to New Royal Garden. It was really good as well. Also good is Dragon Boat at Knox Shopping Center & The Treasure in Forest Hill (482 Springvale Road). I've heard great things about Tai Pan (239 Blackburn Road, Doncaster East) but havent been there yet. Thats next to the list. Wantirna Superstar was also very good a few years ago (it also featured in Best Yum Cha's around Melbourne from The Age) but I havent returned yet for a second time and I know the name has changed and management is different.

I agree with CeeKill there. You slowly ride in all wrinkly and ride out all sharp, creased and wrinkle free (But you gotta come down first).

Thanks to Doug & Dave - I've picked up so many skills in just 3 sessions (& still a lot to learn).

19. Hi Noodles and welcome to NR. See you at practice some time.

20. Welcome aboard noodles, you'll enjoy sat mornings, alot of knowledge there, have you got oggie nobs on the bike yet? would be a great investment to have them on.