Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day, yet another!!!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by thommmo, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Hi there, I'm a long time lurker and thought I had better put my $10.88 to good use and join up!

I first got my bike licence about 16 years ago when I was working for Aus Post. I never rode a 'real' motorbike until February this year, when I bought a Honda VT250C on the spur of the moment...Took it for a 'squirt' without actually knowing how to ride it...15 minutes later and the backstreets of Ringwood were no longer scared of me denting the bitumen...I was kinda hooked..

I sold the Honda about a month ago and picked up an '85 Suzuki VS750, which I am in the process of getting back to some former glory. I'm 42, live in the Eastern suburbs and try to get out on the bike as much as I can. I do shiftwork, so I tend to go on 11PM rides if it's warm enough!!

Hopefully I get a lot out of my time here, it's always good to be amongst like minded people. :beer:
  2. G'day thommmo and welcome. Can you wheelie?
  3. welcome mate, nothing wrong with 11pm rides, did them myself for a while, post up some pics of the VS when get enough posts,they were a nice old twin in there day.
  4. Well you're certainly not going to see a hundred of them in a day!!!

Welcome (back) to the roads, thommmo (y)
  5. Hi thomo and welcome to NR
  6. Welcome to NR.