Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day to all. :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by DarkAdvisor, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Just a quick note to say hi to all of the Netrider Community.
    I have actually been a member before. About 6 or 7 years ago. I was a paid up member but had a fairly long internet free spell. Since them I have changed internet providers and can no longer access the old email address to recover my password lol. So this is the new me. :)
    A bit about myself....
    I live at Phillip Island, which is awesome because I am already here for MotoGP and World Superbikes which as you all probably know already are the best events in the world..... (just slightly Biased)
    I ride a Suzuki GSX750F which in my biased opinion is a fantastic bike, Very comfortable for myself and my wife who loves being Pillion. She actually booked me into do my learners as a surprise present and got me into Riding just so that she could be my pillion. So most of the time that I ride she is with me and needs to be comfortable. We both do shift work so it helps when our days off line up.
    Please feel free to ask anything else that may interest you, and we have a bit of knowledge of Phillip island and surrounding areas, so may be able to help with any general questions about the area.

2. Welcome mr DarkAdvisorDarkAdvisor ...lucky you so close to that beautiful vista oh and the race track of course (sacrilege ;))
    Lots of Gixxer riders abound on NR and so happy to hear that your missus loves being a pillion! :)
    Don't forget to post up some pics for us all to be envious of...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Welcome mr DarkAdvisorDarkAdvisor ...lucky you so close to that beautiful vista oh and the race track of course (sacrilege ;))
    Lots of Gixxer riders abound on NR and so happy to hear that your missus loves being a pillion! :)
    Don't forget to post up some pics for us all to be envious of...

4.  Top
  5. That's great about your wife wanting to be on the back. My missus had one ride on my GSXR and said " take the cow seat off'. Too uncomfortable for her and between you and me I was glad about it!!! Much easier with just myself....

On another note I live about an hour away from the Island. Lucky man, great part of the world...

6. Welcome to the forum

7. Thanks for the welcomes. I will definitely post some photos. We usually get some great photos at the races, and a few in general gallivanting. :)

8. Welcome to NR! Phillip Island is a very nice place, I did the Tough Mudder there.

9. Haha, I saw the people after Tough Mudder, and they were a sore and sorry lot. I think they all seemed to have a huge aura of pride and accomplishment though. It did look like it would have been fun. Well done for taking it on :)

10. Thanks.. yeah 20kms of running and obstacles.. It was fine until the wind from the ocean hit us... that was very cold.. Its not there this year, its moved to Broadford.

11. Yeah I think they had 3 events in just over a year and the interest was dying in this area..... I hope they come back after a few years to hurt more people, I mean reignite the interest. lol

12. Welcome to NR...

13. G'day DarkAdvisor, welcome back to Netrider. I'm a newer rider who's wife is also very keen to ride pillion with me as soon as I'm on an unrestricted rider licence. I'd like to tour through Victoria in the next couple of years so I will ask some questions of your area closer to that point.

14. Welcome back and hopefully without any further technical hiccups

15. Thanks. :) Will be only too happy to share what I know about the area. Where are you from XJ6N ?.... I have a little secret, when I was on P`s I had a full car license so dint have to have P-Plates. My wife nearly always accompanied me lol. I checked with vic roads and found that there was no points loss for having a pillion while on P`s. This may have changed since, I am not certain. They also told me that it was up to the police discretion whether to fine me, or how much the fine would be. I Always stuck by the rest of the rules and laws though, so only ever got pulled in for a breathalyser test.
    As far as the technical Hiccups, its all my fault... they just don't let you keep your email address when you change internet providers. I guess its understandable, and probably should have used a Hotmail account or GMail account which would have been mine forever lol....

16. Hey...Welcome back...or just welcome...i am new myself.keen to see the pics whenever you get to posting.