Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

g'day NR

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by MrGrumpy, Oct 7, 2009.

1. gday everyone,
    I have been lurking around the site for a while now and thought I should say hello.
    I decided at the start of the year that when the rego on my car expired (4th november) that i was going to replace the car with a bike. I have spent the past year researching bikes, checking out reviews and looking at a truckload of threads on NR, all while I am at work and meant to be working :). I have sat on virtually every new LAMS bike there is and I think i left a permanant arse imprint on a CB400 I keep sitting on.
    A few weeks ago I got my learners at Baylink in hastings after a few threads on NR spoke highly of them, I have to agree with everything that has previously been written about them, they are great guys and create a relaxed atmosphere for everyone. Hopefully I am going to test ride the CB400 soon along with the ER-6NL and maybe the GSX650F, then hopefully in a month or so make the decision and buy one.
    I have had my learners twice before. First time back in '94 when i rode a little suzuki scooter to uni ($1.50/week in fuel, that was pretty sweet). Second time was in '03 when I had a 1973 (i think) RD250, it was a great looking little bike but had a habit of breaking down and after i pushed it 5kms home on a 35 degree day with full gear on i decided to sell it. so third time lucky hopefully.
    Anyway like i said, hello to everyone and hopefully in a month or so when I get my bike I will meet a few of you on some NR rides.

cheers
    matt

2. Welcome Ironsheik.

CB400's go pretty well, you won't be disappointed.

3. Welcome to NR ..

CB 's are an awesome bike ... but so is the Suzuki GS500 ( I just bought one, So I am a tad biased !! )

4. Third time lucky is the right attitude. Welcome aboard.

5. thanks guys. I did consider the GS500 for a few months kitt, but I have seen some pretty good deals on the CB lately so am leaning that way.

6. Arrghhh, the Iron Sheik :shock:

Welcome to Netrider :).

Attached Files:

7. Welcome neighbor !

PSST .. Go the Honda :wink:

8. Hi and welcome to NR