Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

gday...nice place!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Treadhead, May 28, 2006.

1. Hi there.

First post on these forums and after a few days of browsing and a lot of reading, I am really enjoying this place. Nice job.

Not much to say, other than I have been meaning to get my licence and get into bikes what seems like eons ago. I think it is well overdue!

I will be looking at getting a VTR250 as a starter and wish to move on to the Duke's from there...passing the VTR down to my wife if I can talk her into getting her licence as well.

The Triumphs & Nortons look nice too, having had agrandfather that use to race Nortons in the good ole' days.

Anyways, I am rambling, let the games begin!

2. Hello, and welcome to the place! :)
  3. Hi Treadhead, good choice of bike to learn on. Welcome to the forum. :)
  4. Welcome, nice choice of future bike - saw a pic of the Ducati S1000 for the first time the other day and was very impressed (price tag was a little scary though).
  5. Hello :)

Welcome to the nut house (c'mon someone had to say it)

Hope you have some fun, esp since good rides are down your way a bit...

If your after a VTR, Black Betty has a pretty scmick one in the For Sale area.
  6. Welcome, hope you enjoy the conversations.
  7. Welcome to the posting... oh and definatley go the trumpy!!! there are far to many ducatis around....
  8. Welcome to the forums Treadhead and good luck with your search on the VTR :)
  9. Hi and good luck with the licence and bike search. :)
  10. Welcome Guy,

good luck on the VTR, nice bike.
  11. Welcome to the forums Treadhead. Hope to see you at one of the coffee nights soon.
  12. Welcome Treadhead, nice choice of bike... hope to see you on a ride or coffee night soon!!

13. Gday and welcome, I will reiterate what Booga said, Black Betty has a very nice VTR250 for sale.
  14. Welcome, Guy, glad you have finally decided to join the two-wheeled revolution.

You'll get plenty of VTR250 advice here, and plenty of Ducati advice too ! :grin:
  15. And plenty of cr@p advice ($hit talking in general)... don't take everything as Gospel, but generally you'll get a lot of good advice and there are a few very knowledgeable people on here :)

Everyone knows what categories they fit into :wink:
  16. I do, so don't be asking me cause I know nuttin :bolt: :LOL: :LOL:
    Hope to see you on a ride soon, welcome
  17. Thanks for the warm welcome guys.