Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day, new rider from Dubbo

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by XJ6N, Feb 26, 2015.

1. G'day Netriders, I'm a new rider from Dubbo in central New South Wales. I have a 2013 Yamaha XJ6NL. My tyres are squaring nicely on the thirty-minute highway commute to and from work. Weekends, I try to even it up by leaning into a winding road or two. I'm looking forward to reading through the forum and learning more about this marvellous mode of transport.

2. Welcome XJ6N don't know the Dubbo roads well, do you have to get further over to the coast for the twisties?
  3. Hi cjvfr, yes, once you ride east towards the coast there are many more twisties. There are an awful lot of straight roads here on the slopes and plains.
  4. Oh well, it could be worse, you could be way way out west in the flat country. That's when you think of big cruisers as an option I think.
  5. Welcome to the forum!!
  6. Welcome to NR...
  7. Yes, that's very true! Whereabouts do you live, what's your preferred type of riding?
  8. Thanks very much, Jaytee!
  9. Thanks also, Lazy Libran!
  10. I am in Melbourne, I really like the multi day tours when I get a chance. Tent, sleeping bag and the twisty mountain road. Those sort of rides are good on your own to chase the blues away. I enjoy the big group rides too, they are usually staying at pubs or hotels. We have a multi state one in Jindabyne next week for 3 days with over 20, should be good fun. :)
  11. welcome aboard :]
  12. Thanks very much, Jeffco :]
  13. Other than my commute, that's the sort of riding I aim to do a lot of. I've just ordered some starter panniers so that's a step in the right direction.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome, Head out of Mudgee, through Louee and into the bylong valley, there some nice twisties there, have done it many times in the car towing dirt bikes, itching to get out that way soon and give them a go.
  15. G'day NewieRider, a ride through there to the coast would be good, and a good alternative to just taking the Golden Highway route through to Newcastle. Thanks for the welcome!