Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day NetRider!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Shorty-, Sep 1, 2016.

1. #1 Shorty-, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Hello I'm Shorty from the north shore of Sydney.

I'm new to riding and netrider although I've been stalking the forums for awhile. Have learnt alot from it.

I got my L's a year ago but at Christmas after washing my brothers xvs650 I borrowed to learn on I thought breaking my foot with the bike in the water filled oil patch I washed it in would be a fun idea. Turns out its not...

I started riding again a few weeks ago (on the never to be washed again xvs650) and am doing my MOST test in a few weeks, so am trying to get as much practice in first.

I may come to one of the learner sessions if I get time as they sound really good.

I look forward to getting to know you all and riding!

Shorty Out.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome Shorty-Shorty-
    Hell of an intro to riding.
    Good luck with the test.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ouch, that suck balls.... welcome aboard
    • Like Like x 1
  4. welcome aboard Shorty-Shorty-

good luck for the test
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome to round two, Shorty, and to Netrider!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome to the forum mate
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Be a hell of a feat for a new rider passing the most on a v star... Best of luck mate. And welcome aboard
    • Like Like x 1
  8. clean bikes are over-rated. Welcome!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Hey everyone, thanks for the warm welcomes. :)

Steve VtecSteve Vtec I've booked one of the vtr250's for the test, but I will be practicing the manoeuvres on the v star, if this rain ever stops.
  10. Don't not go to the learner session location Shorty-Shorty- just cause you can't make it on a Saturday. The test course is painted on the road, so it's worth while just getting there to practice.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Welcome mate :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks cool jesuscool jesus I didn't think of that, i'm watching some videos on youtube of the learner sessions right now and can see all the painted lines and stuff. Good tip.

hey 69SIM69SIM
  13. Welcome to the Forum Shorty. The Homebush sessions are a great way to get some tips and meet some fellow riders so make some time and get along. Also keep an eye out in the NSW ride thread for group rides that happen regularly.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Welcome to NR Shorty-Shorty- . Safe travels.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. gday Shorty-Shorty- and welcome to NR, hope your future adventures are safer and more enjoyable!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Howdy & welcome Shorty-Shorty- :)
    Good luck for your exam!
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Welcome ShortyShorty!

Good luck with the practice & test.

When you get a bike don't forget the accessories (y)

! Crutches007.
    • Funny Funny x 1