Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day mate

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by BillyBro, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Hey all,
    A bit late to the party, but as they say better late than never. I'm in my late 30's and have just acquired my RE license.
    I sat on my learners for nearly two years without upgrading, maybe some slight procrastinating...
    Urged by the new licensing changes coming up in October I jumped onto a qride course.
    Qride done saturday, license upgraded monday. Bike shopping begins, at this stage leaning towards flat bar or motard. On the other end of the scale I sat on a rc390 today and it fits well, just not sure which way I want to go just yet. So back to YouTube reviews, much to the missus' dismay haha.

Thanks all BillyBro

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome mate :cool:

Good luck finding a bike, they're all good :)
  3. Being indecisive doesn't help. I need to work out what sort of riding I want to do I spose. Half hour work commute half at 100km/h and the other half at 80. A couple of mates own big super sports hence trying on the rc390 today. The other bike that catches my eye is the MT07. Just not sure on what I want to budget on a lams purchase as I know that in a years time I'll be looking for something better.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome to NR from Adelaide.
  5. Welcome to NR, Bro.
  6. Welcome to the forum mate
  7. welcome aboard :)

Enjoy the dilemma that is bike shopping
    • Like Like x 1
  8. gday BillyBroBillyBro and welcome to NR - congrats on passing your test, it's always great to see old fellas starting to ride :p

best advice I've seen and received on here is to ride any bikes that interest you and maybe even a few not on your short list before you make a purchase. you may be surprised by what you like. it worked for me.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Hey BillyBroBillyBro . Kinda envious of the bike shopping journey you're on. Have fun.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Welcome to the forum BillyBroBillyBro
    Try try try as many as you can... Life is like a box of chocolates ; as they say ;-)
    Enjoy the journey!!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
    • Agree Agree x 1