Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day lads. And proud new RS125 owner.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by mrCAMPO, Oct 12, 2009.

1. G'day All,

Just thought I'd intro myself: Michael, 26, Sydney area and have found a new passion..

As per title, just recently acquired my first new bike: 09 Aprilia RS125. Just picked it up last Saturday. It was either this, a Ninja, a CBR250RR or a Hyosung GT250R. It's safe to say that I have no remorse with my decision..

Just posted some pics when it was in the showroom (BikeBiz) and a pic of me on the bike. I've only done about 50k's, but am keen to go out on meets and eventually meet all you friendly chaps one day!

Have a great night :p
    P.S Pic#3, My missus thought it looked better with the handbag ok... :oops:

2. Nice.

I suggest carrying a spare spark plug around whilst you're learning.
  3. Hi phizog.

Cheers for the heads up mate, will do this weekend. Gotta shop for a riding jacket + kevlar jeans anyway. Thinking of either A* MX-1 or Dainese Santa Monica & some Draggins.
  4. To throw or to fix the bike?
  5. Welcome to the 2T world!:twisted:
    Theres a few RS125 owners around, myself included
  6. nice ride mate,

you'll love the rs, and remember:
    take care of her and she'll take care of you.
  7. Hey,

I'm new myself and the RS125 has made my shortlist of potential first bikes. Glad to hear that you're happy with your decision :)

Mind if I ask what swayed your opinion from the Ninja and the Hyo, as I'm looking at them as well?
  8. I just loved the style and attention to detail on the Aprilia. The 2 stroke seemed more fun when I was test riding them all, and most of all it was the lightest so I felt more confident (Im 5'9 71kgs)

As an after thought, there are more Ninjas and Hyos in comparison to the RS125's, so I wanted to be a different. The RS is the truest sportsbike for a learner. I have no regrets :music:
  9. Welcome to NR and nice bike!

Good luck with your gear hunt too