Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day G'day!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by MelbourneMick, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hi, my name is Mick, I'm an alcoholic.

Not really, i just couldn't think of another opening line.

Anyhoos I have finally got my L's and will be going for my P's in the near future. I have topped over the 40 yrs mark so I am coming into the game late but at a time when I am comfortable in myself to be doing so. Let's face it giving me a bike 20 years ago would have been a bad decision hahaha.

I have got myself a Suzuki GS500F which I am very pleased with.

I hope to get to a few of the Saturday Morning sessions in Elwood (as that is nice and close!!) in the coming weeks.

Cheers,
    Mick

2. Welcome aboard Mick! Might see you at a Saturday session one of these days.

3. Cheers Luke,
    I am hoping by start of July !

4. Welcome to NR :)

5. G'day Mick. Welcome to the jungle :)

6. Welcome to netrider, enjoy your stay, please do not feed the trolls :)

7. The one above in particular, has already been fed :)

8. Welcome and enjoy 2 wheeled freedom!

9. Hi Mick and welcome to NR

10. I know what you mean. Only got my bike last year when I turned 30. Anyway, welcome to NR, stay safe on the wet roads.

11. I have had the itch for many years to get a bike but now the time was perfect and I extremely happy with the decision!

12. Welcome Mick To NR from another late starter.

13. Welcome Mick, Glad to see another late starter ... we are supposed to be wiser :rolleyes:

As for the drink .... good place to start being bck on the 'L's again *lol* (it sobered me up quickly :D

14. They say we are wiser but our refelxes are slower! HA we can't win
    I have to say all the bike riding and instruction has made be a more aware car driver.

And i have to agree, my Friday nights have become quite tame now I have the chance of a Saturday morning ride !

15. Hey There!

16. Hey Here!

17. Hey Mick, at 51, and starting to ride at hmm 48 I think I left it a tad laterrr.
    Welcome to a nice community :)

18. Thanks Goddie ! and good to see I am not the latest starter here haha. thank you !

19. welcome mick better late then never mate.