Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day g'day from a forum newbie.. Back to sydney.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by nath, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Hi all,
    I've returned to this great land of Oz after a couple of years in the UK and 18 months in HK before that.
    Before I bailed out of the land of grey I quit my job and spent the last 4 months touring europe and morocco on my daytona 675. Rode through just about every type of weather/roads: perfect alpine roads to sand, sunny weather to snow, rain, hail, fog, frozen fog, crazy upside down rain, a storm that killed 25 people and which blew my bike over on my tent before I even started riding that day. Fun and games. :)

So anyhow, hello!
    I'm looking forward to getting new wheels (will buy another triumph daytona 675, just a 2009 version instead) and getting some riding in. Going hunting this week, so depending on supply and whether any of 'em are prepared to give a little..

Last time I was in sydney I had a GS500 and worked it pretty hard with lots of riding. Bought the 675 in the UK which took a bit of getting used to having to get proper cold weather gear and pay attention to which tyres work best on icey roads.

Anyhow, look forward to seeing what this board has to offer and hopefully give a fair bit back.

Nath

2. Welcome to NR, Nath :grin:

With your UK "icy roads" experience, I'm sure
    you've got some good ideas to offer :grin:

3. Hey bud, which part of Syd do you hail from?

4. Welcome back to Oz, and all-year riding :)

5. Welcome back to Oz, and all-year riding :)

6. blacknblue:
    If I never have to ride in snow I'll be happy. Maybe a winter snowy mountains run might put me in some snow again though.

Veriton:
    - staying with friends at sydenham at the moment, though usually live around the city (surry hills, ultimo etc) as I'm too lazy for much of a commute.

Hornet:
    - aah, I rode year round in london, the poms are just pissweak when it comes to riding. Case in point: 3-4 year old bikes with 2000 km on them.

7. Cause it rains too much in their crumby country. :p

8. least u gained shit loads of experience with that trip mate, welcome aboard