Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day from WA

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by jho, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Just thought I'd say Hi, been lurking on the forums for a few months obtaining some excellent info.

Finally got my open class licence (after having my 250's for about 6 yrs) and am now looking for a big bike. (Currently looking at ZX6-R's and 9-R's) I was just wondering what was the norm in terms of getting a bike checked out here in WA?. From what I could tell.. the RAC didn't show any vehicle inspection services that catered for motorcycles on their website. So what does everyone do before they buy a bike to get it checked?. I wasn't sure if bringing it in to a bike shop would give me an unbiased check, as they'd probably tell me the bike was crap and that I should buy one of their own?

thanks in advance..

Jason

2. Always take someone else that knows info about bikes to the same level as yourself or even better. Another set of eyes is priceless!!!!

Welcome too. :D

3.  Top
  4. Welcome to the forums jho. :) Even if you're from WA :LOL:

5. Thanks for the warm welcome guys.. yeah unfortunately for me I don't have any mates that would know that much about bikes who'd be able to give a credible opinion.. I've basically armed myself with knowledge obtained from this site... i'm guessing there aren't many riders from WA on these forums?.. or am I wrong...

6. Gday and welcome

Cheers 8)

7. Hi jho....I too am a WA based newbie. It might be a good idea to go along to an MRA meeting (on the last Tuesday of each month at 7:30pm),
    at the Peninsular Hotel, Maylands. Someone there will be sure to help. If you really get stuck I would be happy to help. I am not a qualified mechanic, but I have been riding since 1966 and have owned/maintained/rebuilt probably 30 bikes in that time. Like I said I am not a mechanic so the MRA is probably your best bet.

http://www.mrawa.asn.au/

8. Thanks for the info.. I'll try and check em out..