Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day from WA

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Rowdy 65, May 11, 2016.

1. OK, so middle aged (50) new rider (6 months) from Perth.

Been lurking and reading for a while, may have snuck in a forum reply before realising I should post a greeting first.
    Like a few others here I have waited quite a while before getting my licence and a bike, but in the end I just thought "bugger it" and went for it. The wife doesn't agree with or understand my decision, but I think that's par for the course:confused:

Only got the RE licence a couple of months ago, so still feeling my way around on the bike, which is a Harley Street 500 if anyone is interested, not really into the crotch rockets at my age, just looking to cruise and see the sights.

• Like Like x 1
  2. G'day EricEric, welcome to Netrider.

If you've been lurking for a bit you'll probably already know that there are many new riders here who are 40, 50, 60+. Congratulations getting your RE licence and Street 500! A perfect bike for some relaxed riding and sightseeing.

3. Welcome aboard Reckless EricReckless Eric :) congrats on the Licence and the bike :) enjoy the ride

4.  Top
  5. Welcome to the forum!

Highly addictive this two wheeled thing.

6. Welcome mate, whack up some pics once you've had a few posts and pics are enabled.

7. Welcome to NR and to the awesome world of motorcycles...

:D

8. Thanks for the welcomes guys. I don't have any good pics of the bike at the moment and I FIFO, so when I'm back I will try and get some and post up here.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gday Reckless EricReckless Eric welcome to NR and riding you young pup!

join up with your local Ulysses group, between them and your local Netriders you'll have something to do every weekend.

10.  Top
  11. Well hello lurker Reckless EricReckless Eric , you'll now know by now this is a bunch of cool crazies...

12. Hello again, had to change my username, more in line with my nickname. Anyway here are some pics from the other week, nothing too exciting just in the driveway.
    Then a couple from today, just fitted some new mirrors and a Givi phone/GPS holder (S954B if anyone is interested) to suit iPhone 6+ and larger GPS's.
    Got the mirrors on eBay, not sure if you're aware, but one of the most common complaints about the Street 500 is the mirrors, you only see your arms and the lanes either side. You have to do a bar jiggle and drop your shoulder to see the lane behind.

Hopefully will get out and be able to get some shots with better scenery than shown here o_O

IMG_5655.JPG IMG_5656.JPG IMG_5657.JPG
    IMG_5755.JPG IMG_5756.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  13. nice Rowdy 65Rowdy 65 but it's not black enough

14. Welcome Rowdy 65Rowdy 65. Enjoy riding. Give us s write up on your ride when you are familiar with it.

And, has your wife's position sounds familiar.

15. Yeah, I know chilliman64. Have been thinking about pulling the reflectors off and getting some black powdercoated springs to complete the look :)

• Funny Funny x 1