Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gday from WA

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Mick338, May 8, 2014.

1. Greetings, folks.
    Just joined up after reading bits and pieces on this site a few times. I'm a middle aged family man living in Perth. Been riding since I was about 12 or so, when I was first afflicted with the dreaded incurable motorcycling disease, (first ride was a Honda XR75), 30 something years ago. Now have a Yammy XT660, also have a Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster.

Haven't really had any experience on this website/forum/blog type of thing, so please excuse my profound ignorance in the workings of this site. I'm sure, in time after the obligatory stuff ups in attempting to reply to threads/ replies/ forums and such like, I will eventually gain some meaningful knowledge into the workings of this site, and be able to participate on a reasonable level. So far, from what I've read, it's been really insightful- lots of great tips & info on all sorts of biz. Great to find a place like this that is full of folks so willing to help others and offer up their knowledge.
    Good stuff.
  2. Hiya Mick, and welcome!
  3. Welcome Mick. The site's pretty easy to use, and I'm looking forward to some insights from your years on the road :)
  4. Welcome to Nutrider! :wacky:
  5. G'day Mike. The guys & gals on here are great. Always willing to assist.
    XR75 had to be the bestest learners bike ever eh?
  6. Thanks for the replies people. Yes I think I will enjoy my time here on Nutrider, sorry, Netrider.
    Just noticed I've been awarded a trophy????
    Wasn't aware that I had done anything warranting this. Do they send it by mail? Is it a super huge grand looking silver thing like the AFL grand final thing??? Wow, getting prettty excited now, I've never won a trophy before. Hope it comes with the two bikini chics, lots of ticker tape, streamers and a couple of bottles of champers to spray onto the fans below the podium!
    Sorry, ..........got a bit carried away there. I'll just climb back into my box and be quiet and good.

Yeah mate, one of those clear as a bell moments burnt into your memory. Flying along on the old XR75 at a blistering speed of probably no more than 50-60 k's flat out. Fairly tired old thing it was, but lots of joy from it nonetheless, till we ended up killing it.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. So you have a gimp box too? Welcome to the club! :D
  8. Welcome groper, here's your trophy............:p