Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day from the snowies

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Laaazy, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Hi,
    Im pretty new to road riding (p's till sept still) but have riden dirt most of my life growing up mostly on a farm.
    Had my l's a few times in my late teens and early 20's but it was the old pre lams days in the ACT and I just rode on my L's for a year each time untill a move, start apprentriceship or new gfriend etc would change my direction and and id sell the bike for a ute or rent bond blah blah.

Riding a gs 500f and commuting 200k's for work (cooma to canberra)on it daily. already clocked 30,000 in the 8 months ive had it.
    Really dont know what bike to get next. I love supersports and Harleys but a sports bike isnt real practicle for my commute. Tough decision ahead. Im open to advice or con jobs. lol

Anyway, looking forward to meeting some people and trawling the threads for info .
  2. Welcome Laaazy, You live in a great area, motorcycling country.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to netrider mate!
  4. Welcome to Netrider, of course.

I'd suggest that you get a Honda VFR of some variety. It'll handle the daily grind ok, plus give you lots of fun on the weekends. Of course the ultimate solution would be to move into Canberra!!!
  5. Ive looked at a couple VFR's. Not a bad compromise.

Ive gotta correct you on the ultimate solution but. Not only would moving to canberra be soul destroying (canberra is pretty shit) but the ultimate would be to buy both. lol