Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day from the Scenic Rim!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by cookeetree, Sep 4, 2007.

1. G'day all, name's Jason. Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm going on 36, but I've only been riding for three years. My wife and I got our licences together after attending a Q-Ride course at Pro-Honda Rocklea. We started out on a '99 ZZR 250 that we picked up with bugger all k's on it. It was my daily rider, but she'd pinch it off me occasionally. After putting 30k+ km's on the 250, I went back to "school" a few months ago to upgrade to an open licence. My wife now rides the 250 as I've moved on to a '95 ZZR 1100. I skipped the 600 class as I wanted a bike that we could do some touring on together, possibly with a trailer in tow.

We live in the Beaudesert area (aka the Scenic Rim) and just love it! Being so close to the ranges means we've got a great playground right in our "backyard". My favourite ride is down Lions Road to Kyogle, then back via the highway. Short rides through Canungra, up the Goat Track to Tamborine, then back down through Tamborine Village are also fun as is the ride out to Boonah, up Mount French, then out to Rathdowney and home again.

I've been getting to itch to join some group rides (we don't have any friends or family who ride), so I did a web search for group rides in Brisbane and found this site. I look forward to catching up with some of you for some good rides and fun times.

I can't post a pic of my bike yet (got to have five posts first). Anyway, she's got custom paint (Harlequin), polished wheels, S/S braided brake lines, WP nitrogen rear shock, upgraded front shocks, a green screen and a GearSack rack and bag.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread. Ciao! :grin:
  2. welcome cookeetree and partner.....look forward to meeting you both on some of the group rides....

just keep an eye out in the qld rides section of the site. mutts does an awesome job with the planning. the next group ride is on soon. it would be great if you could be there.

hopefully i'll catch up with you somewhere on the road

3. Thanks for the welcome! :grin:

Wow, hornet, that's one heck of a ride! Don't know that we're ready for something that big just yet, but thanks anyway. Def the sort of thing I'd like to get into eventually. Would also like to take the trip to Mecca (Phillip Is) one year.

kezza - I've responded to the thread re: the 16th Sept ride. Might see you then!

Thanks again for the welcome.