Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gday from the Gully

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ian1971, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Gday everyone,

Joined Netrider a couple of months ago but havent got around to posting anything until now.

Anyway I'm a 36 y.o. bloke from Ferntree Gully in Vic. I got my L's in July of this year and passed my licence Friday before last. I started out on a Chinese import 200 (Kinlon) and then realised I loved riding (hadnt ridden for 11 years and even then was only off-road). Anyway, I ended up buying a GPX 250 3 weeks ago and I'm already looking for options when my cc restriction ends :) Not that I'm counting down of course :)

If theres any other newbies from the eastern suburbs of Melbourne interested in going for a scoot or organising something let me know.

2. Welcome to our lovely little world.. :grin:
  3. ??? Do you have to do a year on restriction in Vic even if you are over 30???

Oh, welcome :oops: :).
  4. Yes

Oh BTW welcome to NR Ian! :grin:
  5. Hey Ian :D Nice bike. Enjoy!

"and then I realised I really liked riding..."

Nice :D
  6. welcome Ian
    there are a few around FTG
    and should be a few willing to go riding.
    happy to offer my services though because of work i can only really assist with a ride on sundays. though a few night rides might be the go soon.
  7. Checkout Tuesday Coffee @ Wantirna

8. Welcome to the wonderful world of NetRider.

Do the coffee night thing and meet some people in your area!!

9. welcome to the boards mate.....yep quite a few members round the gully area.....might see you out on the road soon....like quick blat suggested some night rides will hopefully kick off soon
  10. Welcome Ian :grin:
  11. Gday everyone,

Thanks for the welcome.

Steve, whats the go with the coffee nights. Do you just rock up and make yourself known?

QuikBlat, with the longer evenings rolling in it would be good to get out then for a ride.

Cheers everyone

12. check out the thread for details, normally someone there around 5.45 or so, look for the Loud table with helmet hair etc.

and yes just rock up