Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'Day from the Bris

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Havachat, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Hi All,

Just dropping by to introduce myself 'cause I've been a member for a couple of years and never really got involved with the community - sorry about that.

I ride a BMW R1100RS both commuting from Ipswich to Brisbane and (usually) to Phillip Island for the Superbikes.

I collect and restore cut-throat razors in my spare time and just love riding bikes.

Hope to catch up with some members as time goes by and my thoughts are with those affected by the bushfires.

2. Hi Geoff , had any close shaves?.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Welcome to NR, Geoff. Maybe catcha out on a local ride one day. :)
  4. Every shave is a close one with a cut-thoat, Bad, especially when I hone it...hehehe

I'd love to tag along on a ride sometime - especially if SWMBO can come too - she needs the experience/confidence
  5. Welcome to NR.

SEQ stocks are growing.
  6. Welcome to the posting bit of Netrider!

Bad has already taken the best line, so I'll leave my welcome at that!
  7. You restore cut-throat razors?
    I might have to come and visit you.

Do you use Ipswich Rd or Centenary motorway to work?

Hope to see you at a ride some time.
  8. Hye Geoff...

At least we know not to p!ss you off, hehe!

You ride a Beamer - I like you.

Have a lovely day!

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 Havachat, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013

I've got plenty on the bench in various stages of restoration and about 30 in my rotation - you would be welcome to drop over and have a look.

I go via the Ipswich Motorway and the Clem 7
  10. Howdyhowdyhowdy. :)
  11. Hi Geoff,

Your bike looks familiar, do you happen to use your hands to indicate when your changing lanes along Ipswich Motorway/Road? Seen an old BMW that looks like yours do this a few times now on the way to work.

Anyway, welcome back as such.
  12. Yeah I do, Chrisco and, if we meet up at lights, I usually say something like 'are we having fun yet?'
    The R bike is the only one I ride ATM.
  13. Isn't restoring a razor blade just sharpening it? :p

Welcome to NR.
  14. #14 mendosi, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  15. Sometimes, yes, that is all that is required, however with older/more knocked about blades there is a lot more to it.

There is nothing like shaving with a blade that is 150 yrs old, or more, that you have bought back to shaving condition.

Here is the full process - http://straightrazorplace.com/srpwi...azor_Restoration_Start_to_Finish_Video_Series
  16. Yep, we have definitely met then cause you said that when we were next to each other in Annerley going down the hill towards the P.A. I was never sure why you said that...

Well nice to know who you are now. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  17. I usually say things like that 'cause I'm pi$$ed of at the traffic or the heat or drivers using mobile phones instead of driving - the usual stuff....hehehehe
  18. See that just makes me worry that somewhere out there might be a group of people who restore and use old 19th century condoms. :LOL:
  19. Hi Netriders,

I'm Havachat's wife and was wondering if anyone in the Ipswich area wants to get together on Aust Day for a bbq and a game of cricket? Let us know and we can organise a location.