Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day from Sth Est Melb

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by jimwarlock, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Afternoon all,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself, name is Jim. Relative young blood, been road riding about 6 years now.
    Tomorrow I pick up my dream bike, a BMW S1000RR. Thought I'd take the opportunity to join the community at the same time.

Photo for the curious: http://i.imgur.com/0JDlR0d.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. hey jimbob
  3. Welcome to NR..

Awesome bike... Come on down to the Saturday practice sessions when you can...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome bud, as you've got a bit of experience under your belt, hit up the weekly rides. Uncle Greg's ride is always epic leaving from Rowville at 1pm.
  5. Welcome :cool:
  6. welcome aboard :)
  7. Welcome :) Look forward to meeting you at a Saturday practice session sometime (I'm too wussy to go on Uncle Greg's ride - ha ha ha). So looking forward to getting back and saying hi to my fellow Netriders :)
    • Like Like x 1

8. What's the diff between the 1000rr and the 1000rs? Cause this thing is a beast
  9. you got google?
  10. S1000 series includes three bikes now

S1000RR is a balls to the wall sportbike, the most horsepower and least comfortable ergonomics

S1000R is a naked version, still has sportbike rearsets, a tune for a bit more torque in the mid range and slightly more comfortable.

S1000XR is the "sport-adventure touring" which has become popular with bikes like the Versys and V-Strom in recent years. Highest, widest bars, most comfortable seat, rearsets are closer to a touring bike than a sport bike, but retains the monstrous motor of the S1000R
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome Jim,
    Congrats on getting your dream bike S1000rr is an awesome machine. Now you have to endure 1000kms only at 9000rpm and you will be in for real treat after.