Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day from SA

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by metrofarm, May 31, 2016.

1. I've been reading Netrider for a while and getting some great info - but now if I follow links to this site it tells me I need to be registered! Well I saw the future and registered on in!

I've just upgraded to a Suzuki SV650 naked after putting 15,000 km's onto a CFmoto 150 v-night. I'm enjoying the extra capacity - and not having to crouch in a full tuck whilst considering 'planking' to get above 95km/h into a headwind.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. welcome to the forum mate.
  3. welcome aboard :)
  4. Welcome to the madhouse metrofarmmetrofarm !
    Good choice on bike and enjoy your new beastie :)
    Keep the kms clocking up with practice & stay upright!

Check out other SA riders and possible organized rides under "events" section in the forum.

5. Welcome to NR..
  6. Welcome :cool:
  7. Howdy and welcome to NR metrofarmmetrofarm :happy:.
    Nice bike, put some pics when you can. And an interesting screen name too. So is it a city, or is it a country?
  8. Welcome to NR from.........................Adelaide. I have a bike and can ride, lets do it.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. gday metrofarmmetrofarm welcome to NR - if they still made the SV I reckon I'd have one. nice mate. as Fr33dmFr33dm said please post up a few pics, we love pics around here!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cheers, I'm country. But I'm from the city, originally - hence ...
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks to all for the friendly welcome :). I'll post some pictures when I have better than my crappy Telstra 4GX to hand. I'm just loving the SV650. I was sitting in the tractor planting the first half of 200,000 seedlings last Friday and thinking of *looking* for a bike as I hadn't ridden my V-night in 3 months (I kept it in the city). I mentioned this to a friend in Adelaide. He texted me a Gumtree link and we looked at it on Saturday, for about 3 minutes - it was clean and we both said afterwards words to the effect of - "Man, I/you couldn't let that go..."

The Gumtree photos and description were terrible but I'd already offloaded the V-night that morning. I was bike-less for about 1 hour or so. I'd never thought about an SV650 before and I expected to look and see an overpriced, thrashed bike like object. But no. It was a case of nice street, nice house, nice bloke, nice shed, nice bike, nice deal. The bloke had already been stuffed around by someone else who'd shaken on a deal but decided that shakes mean nothing. As the seller said to me about the previous buyer - "I mean mate, you shake on a deal that's a done deal!"

In any event, no more planking for me - unless I find myself on a salt flat! Yee-hah!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Welcome. seeya sometime. SV650 is a nice bike.