Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gday from SA

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by CHOPS1, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Hello, have been lurking on here for a while and thought i'd finally join.

I own a Sachs Madass (yes i know) to get me around on the cheap instead of hopping in car all the time. Mine is slighty different.

Have previously owned a hyosung gt250 back when they first come out, and when i got rid of that i always promised myself my next bike would be a Benelli TNT!
    Still time for that in my mid life crisis stage=P~
  2. Welcome CHOPS,
    A Sachs Madass to a Benelli TNT is quite a difference. These low volume Italian imports like Benelli, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi etc are a very rewarding ride with their great performance and high level of build quality but sometimes the trade off is the lack of any substantial dealer support.
  3. Hello and welcome CHOPS1. That's an interesting looking little beast. First scooter I've ever seen that looks like chassis integrity and rigidity is more than up to the task.

Many years ago I rode around a bit on a 1950s vintage Vespa, and you could quite literally twist the chassis by about an inch just pulling the bars from side to side with your feet on the ground.
  4. Welcome to NR :). Nice looking beast there. I would love to get a Madass one day. Would be fun to flick around every now and then.
  5. Welcome to NR. Nice bike...
  6. I LOVE that Sachs set-up, chops!!!!!

Oh, and welcome, we don't get too much sachs around here :LOL:
  7. Welcome Chops, I've got a GT250 myself! Nice looking Sachs dude
  8. Thanks for the welcome guys. Ive always liked the look of the Madass(i dont like that name) since they first come out back in 05/06.
    They're no powerhouse by any means, but i didnt buy it to tear around on.
    I'd say its safer than getting a scooter, can get up an out the way of the traffic.

From when i first got it

To now

9. Thanks for the welcome guys. Its change a bit from when i first got it.