Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gday from Newie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by newshot, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Gday,

Just a short note of intro...I'm Steve from Newcastle, 27 been riding since 2005. I used to have an old Yamaha MX-80 to throw around the bush as a kid and once i'd outgrown it had stayed off bikes until I bought a Hyosung GT650R on my L's in '05.

I won't go into my dillemas with that piece of unreliable junk, but it's got me around for nearly 10000k's with reasonable success. Now I'm ready to upgrade a little, but will be going for a cruiser for personal comfort (sore back), and thought it'd be good to share my thoughts and read all yours about the joy of riding a bike in the sun (and the rain...sometimes).

Anyway, happy riding
    Cheers

2. Hello there.

Welcome, I'll see you out there.

3. I will now give you an official welcome Steve..

Welcome to NR mate.. :grin:

4. G'day and welcome to Netrider. Not sure if a cruiser is gonna help your back problems, probably better goin for something with a more neutral position.

5. +1 ,make sure you ride the cruiser for a few hours ,some riding positions can just make your back ,into a pogo stick.