Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day from Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Getafix, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Hey all, I've been lurking around here for a few weeks so thought I should sign up and introduce myself.

I had a ZZR 250 for a while when I was around 19-20, sold it due to not having much time to ride and wanting a new car with the intention of getting another bike a year or so down the track but then ended up getting married, having kids... you know how it goes.

I'm now about to hit 30 and seeing I've had the bug nibbling at me for years now, I figured it was a good excuse to get back in the saddle!

I have my full license but seeing I haven't ridden in ten years or so and nothing bigger than a 250 I figured I'd be almost starting again so I've bought a GS 500 with the intention to get back up to speed, and then upgrade to what I really want down the track (MV Brutale 800 perhaps? :D)

My wife has expressed interest in learning to ride so she might use the GS 500 also, which factored into my decision to get a LAMS bike.

The bike will be ready for pick up in a week or so; in the mean time I need to go shopping and buy all new gear.

Very excited, and I'm planning on coming along to some beginner ride days so might meet some of you there.

Cheers! :)

2. Hey, welcome to nr..

Sounds like we might see you both at Saturday practice and some learner rides
  3. Welcome to NR.

Kudos to you for starting back in carefully after a break.

Come down to Saturday practice to meet a flock of us.

(Hmmm, what is the collective noun for a group of Netriders?)

4. Hi there.