Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gday from Geelong

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by jimmyv, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Hi all,

After getting my L's I discovered this forum and have subsequently been lurking around for a number of months trying to learn everything about motorbikes.

My L test was actually the first time I have ever ridden a bike and loved it to bits even though I was so nervous I was sure I would fail.

I have finally made the plunge and put a deposit on a baby ninja and eagerly waiting for delivery. If it wasnt for this forum I probably would off put off getting a bike indefinitely. Lots of good info and stories has made me confident in buying a bike and beginning to learn. So thanks to all and see you on the road
  2. Welcome Aboard !
  3. Welcome Mate.
  4. Welcome Jimmy.

I got my license in Geelong about 20 years ago. It was on a sunday as I recall at the side of the now Vicroads building. There was a course set out that we practised on for a few hours before doing the actual test. Almost everyone got their license that day.

One of the guys who failed did a stoppie on the braking test (ie stop quickly enough to get the back wheel well off the ground). The other students just looked at each other and shook their heads knowing that it was not good judgement even if it was impressive.

Good judgement is a necessity for safe riding. Making good decisions about what is appropriate in all circumstances that you come across.
  5. G'day from Geelong

If you have got your bike. Check out ride/event planner on the forum discussions for a Geelong ride this Saturday.

6. Welcome! f you want to go for a ride and want company give me a pm.
  7. Likewise mate.. always keen for a ride, or even just a coffee cruise now and then. Ride Safe.