Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day from California

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by pda_, Nov 29, 2015.

1. I'm an Australian living in Oakland, California (over the bridge from San Francisco). I've driven some fast cars in Australia but never touched a motorbike until I moved over here. Ninja 250 for the first 6,000 km, and now a CBR600RR for the past 4,000 km. I've done a thousand mile long weekend on each bike through the Sierra Nevada mountains and over the Nevada, and as much riding on Northern California's fantastic roads as I can.

I'll be returning to Melbourne some time in the future, so I figured I'd sign up here and see what's going on. Being part of Bay Area Riders Forum over here has made riding in the SF Bay Area so much better, so if Netrider is anything like that I'm looking forward to being part of it, too.

I'll probably land on a LAMS restriction when I move, having less than two years experience. Bit of a downer after getting used to the CBR600RR, but an R3 or RC390 would be just as fun through the hills.

Looking forward to getting an Australian perspective on riding, and eventually figuring out cornering in the hills on the other side of the road ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome pda, Sierra Nevada mountains are brilliant. Am sure you'll find some good rides back in Oz also.
  3. Howdy & Welcome to NR!

San Fran is an awesome place, i've been a few times for work.
  4. Yeah I loved San Fran and the bay area when I was over there. BART made me feel sick though :p

Welcome along :)
  5. welcome aboard :)