Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'Day from Blue Mountains

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Saturn 5, Jul 8, 2011.

1. About time I said G'ay as I finally got around to registering. I've now been continuously riding for 43 years and never tire of it, it's kept me sane when all turns <. I still enjoy touring but not with large groups.
    As you do, I've picked up a trick or three over these years and will pass on such if I think it's of help.
    Ride safe, somebody wants you home tonight.

Saturn 5 G.S.1200 V-Strom 650

2. Nice work. Great to have you with us.
  3. thats a great line mate.
  4. welcome, we are all ears mate..........
  5. welcome

I bet the bike is indoors this morning :LOL:
  6. No it's out and about! Yes it is cold but the sun is slowly raising temps. to the low teens. But, but, but, I like to ride in winter with my homemade handle bar mittens. I purchased some vinyl and glued on some soft fluffy material.Then I shaped something like a bag, well bag is a poor word but you get the drift.This shaped ....? slips over the end bar including barkbusters. So now it's warm like riding with your hands in your pockets. The "bag" has a slit to allow for the mirror stalk and good 'ole velcro seals up the slit.
    I would post a pic but I never bothered to teach myself how. Maybe another day.
  7. hah, I remember I had the good lady make a pair of them out of an old dressing gown, years ago when I was riding the Putty Road a lot in winter

glamorous they weren't, effective they definitely were
  8. Dressing gown? ya kidding me! Tell me it wasn't pink. What material? My mind is racing.
    This brings back a memory i'd forgotten. We were a big family in the late 50s and fairly poor. My beautiful mum didn't have any money to buy me some cozzies and there were no hand-me-downs available. So it was off to the sewing machine which was always making something for the family. Well the choice of material wasn't the best. A tight knitted material which, when I jumped into the town pool became about eleventeen sizes too big and fell off to the bottom of the pool. I put them back on and ran back to my clothes and towel and spent the rest of summer swimming in the local river in a pair of shorts. Geez 52 years later and I'm embarrassed all over again just remembering it.https://netrider.net.au/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Saturn 5 Ride safe,somebody wants you home tonight.
  9. Welcome to NR. I've been to Blue Mountains once. Lovely place.