Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day everyone

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by dimeco, Dec 2, 2005.

1. G'day all,

I've been lurking on here for about a month now, but this afternoon I passed my learners test at HART in Kilsyth so I've decided it's time to step out of the shadows!

I've wanted to learn to ride for a long time and after plenty of procrastination I'm pumped that I've finally got my L's. I've been researching bikes for a while now and I reckon I'll either go for the Kwaka ZXR250 or that other great learners bike, the Honda CBR250RR. With any luck I'll have my first bike sitting in my driveway in a couple of weeks, at which time I'll have to come to a coffee night to introduce myself.

Thanks to everyone for all the great tips and advice I've already picked up from these forums. I'm sure there is plenty more to come.

Cheers,

Dylan

2. Hi Dylan, welcome! :D

3. Welcome Dylan, best of luck finding a bike.

4. Welcome aboard :D

Lisa

5. Hi there and welcome.

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D

6. Welcome mate.

i'm looking for a CBR250RR as well.....Good luck :)

7. Welcome & enjoy the forums.

8. Hi dimeco , welcome .

9. Welcome, go and look at the VTR250 as well.

10. welcome , stay safe and upright

11. G'day Dylan!

12. Hi dimeco and welcome. My vote lays with xxsteve....VTR's are a damn nice bike and very easy to ride (Not that I'm biased or anything :LOL: :p :wink: )

Firestorm. :D :) :D :) :D

13. Welcome dimeco

14. Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Re the VTR, I'm pretty much set on a faired bike (I've run through the pros and cons many times) but I do still have the VTR in the back of my mind. I saw it in a Honda catalogue at HART and it's certainly a sweet looking machine...

Cheers

Dylan

15. fully faired? what about an accross.. 24 cans.. 24! cant go past that now can you!! haha

VTR or a bandit were my preference... the CBR is common as hell.. probably because they are the faster of the 250's available..

anywayz, congrats on getting ya licence man.. good luck finding a bike :)

16. Yes welcome and take some good advice from Steve and go look at the VTR250, very good bike.

17. G'day & Welcome Dylan,
    Good luck with getting a bike.
    Catch ya at coffee night sometime.
    Cheers

18. Gday an welcome to the zoo

Cheers 8)