Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by DanCobby, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Hi everyone. Just doing the welcome thing,
    Soon to be receiving a hand me down cb250 from my grandad to which I'll be doing a bit of work on. I'll be heading the cafe racer style with maybe a few modern adaptations.

If you have any tips for my journey, feel free to drop me a line.
    Cheers

2. Smile. You're getting a motorcycle.

Welcome to NR too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah pretty stoked. There's been talk of the old fella passing it down to someone, I've been quietly crossing my fingers.
    It'll be a project I'll be doing with my Dad, so I'm looking forward to that part of it as well.

Thanks mate

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome to NR...

Have you got your gear (wearing kind) sorted out??

Tips? Treat you granddad to an awesome dinner for giving you the bike.

;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah, I got a near new Large Shoei helmet that i'll be looking to sell

6. Congrats. First question though, can you actually ride?

7. hey dude

8. Sorry mate, my melon is of medium size

9. doesn't look it

10. This will be my 1st road bike but I raced motocross for a number of years and have ridden my dads bike and also my cousins over the years.

This bike will just be something my wife and I can enjoy riding down to the beach or to a cafe for breaky. I'm 100kgs so I won't be breaking any land speed records on the old girl haha

• Like Like x 2
  11. You should see my cousin then, the blokes got head like a soccer ball

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Good man. Get some roadcraft skills under your belt, you don't get moron drivers off road!

13. black and white hexagonal pattern head?

14. CB250. My first bike, 2 years ago.

Left it stock, and looking forward to see what you do with yours.

15. No riding gear sorted yet, there's quiet a bit of work to be done 1st. My cousin works at a dealership and can sort me out at a pretty decent price .
    I'll definitely be treating him to a dinner and the bike will be named after him "swervin mervin". (Seen a topic about bikes being named on here)

16. Definitely white, he's a shade off albino

17. I'm pretty albino until about a minute after being in the sun.

18. I personally haven't seen the bike, but after talking to my dad about it tonight he said that it needs a bit of work. Thankfully he's a spray painter by trade (long ago), he also brought up that it might be a 350 or 360. He wasn't sure.

Did you enjoy your 250?

19. Nothing wrong with that, I work outside a fair bit and surf also so my whiteness has darkened over the years.

20. is it a 4 cylinder?