Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Chubb, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Just thought I'd introduce myself, my names Chubb been off the bike scene but in the stages of making a come-back. I have a Yamaha XVS650A Classic (Love of my life). Have my Ls and will attempt the Ps Course at the end of this month. I'm from Walcha NSW. Older bloke (54yrs) but new rider. I have obtained and benefited greatly from the excellent information available on this site. Thanks to everyone.

2. Welcome Chubb from a fellow XVS650A Classic rider. :beer:
  3. Welcome mate...

not too far from your place to Thunderbolt's Way to the south and the Oxley to the east; lucky beggar :LOL:
  4. Older bloke???????????????????????????????
    Will have to disagree with you there...:D

Oh welcome by the way...
  5. Good to have you along Chubb.

Old at 54? See, you've got a bike now so much of the damage is reversible, but you've left it a while. We should have you properly juvenile in no time.
  6. The older I get ..The better I was "" welcome back to the dark side
  8. Welcome Chubb :) used to have a classic 650, luv'd Delilah [as my son named her] mate enjoy the ride, 54? thats not old.. nowadays 80 is old, and just a clip of 81 year tiwanese blokes riding over a 1000kms 'cause they can' :)
  9. Welcome to NR & to Riding. I myself have a XVS650 Custom.

Older bloke? Havent you heard that riding enhances reverse ageing. The more you ride, the more you reverse age and once you reach 21, it stays there.

So ride on....! :)
  10. Hey guys thanks, and yes I do believe the reverse aging effect from motorcycle riding. (I've just reached 55 going on 23)
  11. Welcome to NR :)