Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by JayXVS650, Jul 5, 2015.

1. G'day All,

I'm new to motorbikes and new to riding. Just got my L's and bought a Yamaha XVS650. I'm not the smallest guy getting around and wanted a bike that wouldn't put my knees up around my ears.

Looking forward to learning as much as I can and getting out and about in Melbourne.

• Like Like x 2
  2. G'day JayJay, congratulations getting your Ls and motorcycling. You've added to quite a few Netrider members in and around Melbourne and no shortage of good riding roads out of the city.
  3. Hi Jay, welcome to the forums and life on two wheels :) Well done getting your L's, nice choice of the bike too! Saturday learner practice in Elwood is a must, great way to learn and practice riding skills and meet fellow riders. Have fun and stay safe!
  4. Welcome Jay, +1 to Saturday practice in Elwood. It is a good place to meet other iders and get a few tips.
  5. Hey Jay,

Great choice of bike. A fellow Netruder I personally know, also started on one (albeit, the custom), and only moved up to a XVS1100, to regularly ride 2 up.
  6. Welcome Jay,
    They are a popular bike, with many who started on them choosing to keep them after the learner restrictions are up.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks guys. Elwood sounds like a plan, I'll look up the details but it won't be for about 3 weeks as my weekends are all been booked for now :(
  8. Welcome to NR...