Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

G'day all, newbie here

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Greed, Aug 26, 2012.

1. hello all, long time reader, first time poster.
    My name is Lachlan and i am from Williamstown, Vic.
    I am still in high school(last year, almost done) and my bike experience goes back to using the dirt bikes on my cousins farm.
    After doing a lot of research i have come to the conclusion that i want to get a bike for Uni next year for the convenience and ease of transport without the hassle of a public transport everyday.(10km ride vs 35 public transport trip)
    After lots of reading I have chosen Honda's Vtr250 for my first bike, I'll be looking for one around when i get my l learners once my exams are finished.
    Looking to spend about $4-5k all up including gear.
    The only problem that both my parents are against the idea of my getting a bike and will not support me in this. Mainly because my dad used to ride and knows the dangers of the road (the dangers being bad drivers).
    Knowing the dangers and their views I still want to get a bike because of the convenience and reading through this forum only strengthens my want to own a bike.

Look forward to doing my Learners test in summer and most likely buying a bike shortly after.

Thanks guys,

keep up the good atmosphere

2. Welcome to NR (y) good luck with the parents.

Enjoy your journey!

:-w

3. Welcome to NR

I had this problem also with the parents then i got the bike and they came through eventually, so hopefully this happens with you :)

Goodluck with exams :)

4. Hello and welcome Lachlan. Good luck with finding a good bike, it's a lot of fun.

5. Welcome !

6. is this de ja vue? welcombe mate

7. im 32 and still havnt told my parents about having a bike.. this is just one of those things you will have to deal with your own way.. as for choice of bike and forum.. Well Done :)

8. hey bloke , welcome.

- throw an advance course into the deal might help.
    thats somelses line but heck its a good one.

9. Welcome to the forums!

I want a VTR 250 too! They are a lot brand new. Can only find a 'good' used one for 4k!

10. Welcome to the forums - hope everything gets sorted out soon.

(y)

11. welcomr to nr :)

12. Welcome mate:grin:

13. Hi and welcome to NR

14. Greed is gone