Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gday all! New member here.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by roadrash0690, Feb 13, 2012.

1. A big hello to everyone! <big wave>

I am new to Netrider. I have read some interesting posts in the forums over last few weeks while researching some starter motorcycles information. I finally settled on a 2nd hand Honda VT250c (v25 custom or 'Magna') It is going in for a roadworthy this wednesday so by friday I should have it all transferred and back home. The motorcycle is stock with no luggage carriers etc but in good nick. I love cruisers, they look sweet and ride well! >:cool:

I have never owned a road bike nor until Xmas (when I did the Q-Ride course for LAMs) had I ever ridden on a public road so it is still a bit daunting mixing with other drivers on the road, but I will get there I am sure. I am buying the motorcycle for a cheap mode to get to and from work and the odd late night 'getaway'.

I live in the Townsville area and I work casual (wed and thurs only) at this stage so $$ is a bit tight and that means that any 'improvements' to my motorcycle are going to be slow progress, but slow n steady wins the race. =P

But feel free to PM me for a chat etc, I dont bite too hard ;)
  2. Welcome to NR, try and get along to the one of the rides up your way to meet some people.

oh and this is not how to win races :blah::grin:

3. welcome to NR
  4. Welcome to NR :)
  5. Welcome to NR. (y)
  6. Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. :]
  7. welcome to Netrider :)