Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GB400 Muffler Replacement

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by BlueWolf, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Hi Netriders. I'm hoping to get some help with this little problem, any suggestions would be great!

So I recently picked up a slightly beaten up and tired GB400 and I'm slowly fixing it up to get her back to a reasonable condition.

The bike has been dropped at some stage and the muffler is pretty scratched, dented and a little rusty.

I figure the easiest thing to do would be to replace the muffler. Only problem is the GB400 has 2 header pipes that run down in to a collector mounted under the frame and the OD of the collector on the muffler side is 2.5 in so its about 1.25 inches larger than most aftermarket parts.

Reducers that size are hard to find and I dont know that restricting the exhaust flow would be particularly helpful.

I want to replace it with something simmlar to the original which is a sort of megaphone exhaust with a sweep to run down to the underside of the frame.

My thoughts so far are that I'll probably have to get something custom made which may be a fairly expensive exercise but as mentioned before, any suggestions would be fantastic.

2. The collector and to the far left, the muffler mounted on the end

The measurement at the muffler connection

View from underside showing the sweep

It's got SANKEI 2239 stamped on the side.... rare as hens teeth
  3. Bump. . Hoping anyone's got some clues!
  4. Thanks basejumperbasejumper Yeah I think that's the best way to go.

Any suggestions for an exhaust shop in Sydney?