Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gasolina motorbike parking banned

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Heli, Nov 22, 2014.

1. The popular motorcycle venue at Melbourne's Southbank, Gasolina, has been hit with a parking ban following complaints from the neighbouring venue(s). There is a bit of a discussion already on their FB page here but a show of support from Melbourne Netriders could be helpful.

2. I'm not in VIC but the link is broken I think...

3.  Top
  4. The FB post has been removed: just as well that I copied it to my OP ;)

I rode down there this afternoon and there is a sign at the roadway before the pedestrian mall indicating "Gasolina motorbike park full", but only one scooter outside Gasolina. When I rode out there was a (plastic) chain across the laneway: bit of squeeze getting out on the pedestrian footpath so they are obviously serious about stopping bikes!

It appears to be a problem "of our own making" since the issue has been created by the inevitable few who won't apply common sense. Too fast in pedestrian areas, parking outside other venues, refusing to accept advice from the owners to moderate the noise/parking/speed and just being all-round PITA.

Rather a shame considering that the venue was built and marketed as a motorcycle friendly establishment :(