Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Garmin NUVI 2360LT GPS

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Whitie, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here it is in Harvey Normans catalogue.. It lists all the bells and whistles
    A far as I know its the latest model.

Ive had it out of the box, played with, activated the free 30 speed camera trial thingo, brought a RAM mount kit for it etc...

Works with gloves, tell you how far away the speed cameras are has speed alert etc etc...

2. It's not a motorcycle-specific GPS, have you trialled it on the road?
  3. yes I have several times... thats how I know it works with gloves... RAM will be making a dedicated cradle for 2360LT soon. (its a new modle). The cradle I brought isnt designed for 2360LT but for a Garmin of the same size so its fits... Untill RAM release a 2360LT cradle I have "adjusted" this cradle so the ports and power button are exposed.
    Similar to this : http://www.ram-mount.com/NewProducts/garminnuvi2200mount/tabid/3872/Default.aspx

JohnnyAppleSeed in St Kilda have the RAM gear and its actually cheap...

4. All very good, except for when it rains or you want to hear instructions in your helmet.
    Be aware that the "car" type GPS's generally wont cope with a bike environment.
    Thats why you pay more for the bike GPS's, and the Garmins also come with a Ram mount for the car as well as the bike =D>
  5. did I say this is a "motorcycle GPS" ?

Correct Ducfreak... I ride EVERY day, so a waterproof GPS is more important to me than it is for someone whos bike only works when its 25deg and sunny......

Im not going to spend $800+ for the motorcycle version... Not when I only need to use it to get through/around Melbourne

Why wouldent it cope ? This 2360LT is designed to be removed from the RAM cradle when your not using it...... Its not a fixed unit like a ALDI GPS.

Regarding hearing the instructions... Dont you glance down at your dash to check for an indicator that still maybe on?... The display is plenty clear enough to glance down and see that you have to turn after the next 3 lefts...

It weighs 142grms and is 7.5cm x 12cm x 1.5cm.. So its not like having a brick on the end of a fishing rod.. It doesnt vibrate at all... I hope you have something RAM mounted to your bike so you know what im talking about....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.