Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Galston Gorge on a Triumph Daytona 675

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by alexanderino, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Don't do anything I wouldn't :D

2. Bonus video by the same rider. Hope he/she/it is still alive and licenced to make another. Not sure of the location.

3. is it just me, or is his high beam on for the entire first video?
  4. 2nd location is Maccquarie Pass, look at those damn trucks
  5. That's the Daytona's engine fault indicator. A faulty engine actuated exhaust valve had to be removed.

Ah, thanks.
  6. and is that his oil light on the entire way through both videos??
  7. i meant the blue one. blue is high beam i thought?
  8. a couple of seriously scary moments in that second one... hope s/he washed their leathers
  9. You're right, the blue is high beam [as it is on most bikes :beer: ] For Triumphs, the oil light must be the yellow/amber dot inside the speedo. I paraphrased the uploader's response to a similar comment on the Youtube page.

The rider alluded to this, too, especially at around 7:50.
  10. I think 5:00 was the other time my heart stopped. EEEeeeeesh.
  11. Mm, I miss Macquarie Pass. Actually I miss most of that area too; no way to get into or out of Wollongong without going through some sort of convoluted mountain pass or twisty road (the shame, I know!). Every trip becomes a chance to scrub off the chickenstrips, even at legal speeds. :p

Addendum: That's probably the lightest I've ever seen the uphill traffic. I can count on one hand the number of traffic-free visits I've had up the Pass, even when sticking to the speed limit.