Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Galston Gorge 19.01.2013

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by MadAzz300, Jan 20, 2013.

1. #1 MadAzz300, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    I shot this video before the Learner Friendly Ride (Putty Run).

Riders in view are:
    Lead: tunafi2h
    2nd: Chris
    3rd: Alex2761
    behind me, and subsiquently not shown:
    BOB88R, firefox gladius, and Dazza

Thanks for organising this guys! I had a blast! (y)
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Nice! I've never been through Galston Gorge but now I feel like I've had a practice run. Looks like fun!

What kind of camera are you using - I'm guessing Contour? And where have you mounted it?
  3. :netrider: Great filming and thanks for the ride
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hi Gareth, yes - I'm using the contourHD 1080p at the moment and I have it mounted on my handle bars.

5. Nice filming, and the map at the start is a good idea!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GREAT VIDEO esp with the inclusion of the map at the start, SydMadAss!

Next time you stay at our back, so we'll be in the video. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bit cruel to always have the camera bike at the back of the pack :p.............
  8. I can always supply a camera mount to someone behind me.. :p
  9. Nice. I'm surprised how little vibration there is, since it's attached to the bars - and not too much rolling shutter in the video either!

I tried out my GoPro for the first time using a suction cup on the tank, but there was so much vibration I put it on the helmet instead. Heaps of wind noise up there though, so went out and got a chest harness - think I've nailed it now. After seeing this I might try out a handlebar mount though...
  10. Hi Gareth, you should have joined us last Saturday, and of course you can stay with the faster group.
  11. Thanks - perhaps I can star in SMA's next production. I'd better wash my bike.
  12. AznCruiser, I know you love to do it. You are a good video editor.
  13. #13 AznCruiser, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013

Lol you must be talking about the ride below where three TEC's were supposed to rotate :)........after Colo Heights all the others buggered off never to be seen again lol.........I kept myself entertained...........

BTW never trust a hoon on a 1200cc to be TEC for long :p.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I disposed of the regular plastic mount and replaced it with some cloth tape around the bar and a hose clamp to secure the camera bracket.
    Doing it this way stopped the vibration.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Genius, looks very professional. I think I'll be doing some more tweaking and testing this weekend...
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Any luck with your camera tests over the weekend?
  17. Still waiting for the weekend in question to arrive actually :p
  18. Nice vid quality ... nice bit of road ... but mate, could you get any closer to the oncoming vehicles? :eek: I was cringing in my seat at the dreadful cornering lines :(
  19. ahaha.. sorry.. been a very slow week at work.. lost track of the days for a moment :ROFLMAO: so disregard me question for a few more days :whistle:

20. Hahah that was shet video quality and shet section of the Putty, very bumpy boring and straight section.............................As for the cornering, welcome to the world of VIDEO EDITING STABILIZERS lol :p ..........