Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gaerne ST Dry motorcycle boots

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by twainharte, Jun 10, 2005.

1. i'm looking to purchase a commuting/touring boot such as the Gaerne ST Dry motorcycle boots.

http://www.mcas.com.au/products/243879ebbd.jpg

does anybody own a pair who is able to impart their thoughts on them, good or bad?

cheers

2. Yup got 'em lurve 'em........always dry and comfortable.
    Can wear them all day at work and out and about as well...and good for walkin' in but way better for riding.

3. ive got a pair they rip. very comfortable, very dry and they look swoooit with the big "G"
    a lot of doosh but u get what yu pay for. recently had an off and they stood up all right. if i was wearing my workboots i would have no archilles :wink:

4.  Top
  5. that's a pretty swish lookin' boot, pragnasty. how does this boot fair in wet weather? i'm lookin' for something that is waterproof!

6. they are waterproof i have a pair of rjays lightning pants which i wear over the top and my feet stay huggies dry. i paid $330 from my local mcas.
    like i said they offer really good protection as well, as i found out and theyre super doooper comfortable. not to easy to walk in but you get used to it.
    you get what you pay for. its a good investment. :wink:

7. Couple of comments Twainharte...

Breathable membranes, whether in boots or gloves, get clogged up over time by dust, sweat etc. They can't be washed, as you do with eg. Goretex hiking jackets, so they just end up acting and feeling like plastic bags. That becomes an issue in warm wet conditions or when/if you start sweating.

Don't know how hard you ride, but an off at speed often twists/pheks the ankle joint, so a boot with a hinged ankle is an advantage.

8. Yep, have to agree, super comfortable, great for walking in & I got mine for $300. Haven't tested them for waterproofness -whatever that word means :LOL: :cry: